Thursday, April 9, 2009
Track Work
It makes me feel good to drive by Lisa or Cynthia or Bronwyn on a thursday morning, an hour or two after morning track work. Ill pass them going to or from Islands Elementary, because we are dropping off our kids for school. Im probably still in workout clothes, with my hair still matted to my head, stuck there with old sweat. But at this point, Lisa will look like a movie star- hair done and sunglasses on. Ill drive past one of them, thinking "nobody would know what we all did this morning..." but we know. We know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I must Post & defend Myself!!! Remember - the Shower or you are cold ALL day! So while I was getting ready -Tyler (6yrs) (who I thought was also getting ready) was outside IN HIS PJ's!!! riding his scooter up and down the street with Owen (3yrs)!!! The moral of the story??? You just Can't win!
ReplyDeleteLisa- Lol! Well, yes, really when we work out early I shower asap to get my body thermostat regulated. And lately with all this being light so early in the morning, I get home and the kids are ALL awake. I yell, "you are not supposed to be up until 7:30, this is still MY time!!!" and I jump in the shower, throwing caution to the wind. So maybe my kids were out there riding scooters with your kids......but by 7:30 they were back.
ReplyDeleteI wish I looked like a movie star, but I still love that feeling of "knowing."
ReplyDeleteLOVED the group run this morning - thank goodness that drizzle held off!
It was fun to be a part of the group this Thursday morning.
ReplyDeleteDaLynn asked me why I would want to run around a track. Because that is the only way I can run with my friends right now I told her. Glad she came too.
It is fun to run in a pack, and have that little secret.