Hi ladies! Just a quick post to let you know I survived and feel surprisingly good! The weather was great, beaches were beautiful and my team was a group of GREAT people! I tried to real time blog while I was out there but for some reason my phone wouldn't support it and I couldn't download an app that would do it. I will be posting a series of blogs this week to describe each of my legs and some other details of the race. I want you guys to take them in chunks because I know you'll want to make some comments...especially on my first one which I've already named Chasin' Cheeks (I know, the anticipation is killing you now!).
We came in 2nd to last which was a surprise to us. We planned on being dead last. If you have read the blog about my team you will understand why. We had many walkers on our team. We only came in before the solo team (yep - one guy that ran the whole thing!). 30:18:07 was our time. We did, however, win Best Team Name! S.W.A.T.T. - Sprinters, Walkers and Trash Talkers. I think I did a little of all three but they officially qualified me as a Sprinter which I have to laugh about when I think the best pace I had was 10:37 for my first leg. Details and stats to come later, but wanted to tell you all that I had a blast and we're already signed up for LA next year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay Bridge!!! Ive been waiting and anticipating details of your race! So exciting. I will anxiously await more details! Good job on being the "Sprinter"! So cool!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!
ReplyDeleteSounds like so much fun!
Chasin' Cheeks ....hm??? Can't wait!
Congrats Bridge for accomplishing another relay! You're a champ! Can't wait to hear about that last "very hard" 9.5 mile leg you ran.
ReplyDelete