I haven't written about my running in some time as it's not very exciting. I go around and around the nearby park every morning. I rarely see anyone. On Fridays and Saturdays I go later because my husband doesn't have to work those days. Today I started out about 45 minutes to an hour later than usual. I also headed away from the park for a longer run. I didn't see any other runners until I was about 3/4 done with my run. I was seriously into my book, not paying much attention when a man raced past me. My only thought was that he was complete marathon material. I could see every muscle in his legs flex at each step. His quick stride was so natural and effortless. And his speed! I noticed my silly little shuffle in the shop windows and almost giggled at my reflection. No one would think me marathon material if they saw me running. Ah, well, at least my knees are not sore after the hills today!
Can't wait to hear about the L.A. Ragnar!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your book? As in bookin' it stride? Or were you listening to a book?
ReplyDeleteI wished I looked more like marathon material too! It's something for me to dream about anyways. Are you training for a marathon?
Not having sore knees after the hills sounds like a big accomplishment to me. I can't even think of doing a hill workout because of my achilles' issue. If I get to do a hill workout without having achilles' problems someday that will be huge for me. So I'm so glad for you that your knees are not sore!!!
When you said your running isnt very exciting lately, all I could think of is that you and Marcie need to plan what Cynthia calls a "field trip"!!! You 2 need to meet somewhere on a saturday to do a training run together! Wish I could join you. If it was less than a 45 minute drive, I TOTALLY would!
ReplyDeleteSo glad we don't have to look like marathon material to run a marathon! That's one thing I notice at every race I run - there are runners in every shape and size. It's inspiring.
ReplyDelete