As I was waking up this morning, I could hear the wind howling outside. Howling. Like it wanted to break our windows and come inside for a visit. Ugh. I wasn't up to running in the howling wind this morning and on top of that it was raining. I wasn't up for running in the rain, cold and wind. Triple threat. (Sorry Arizonians, you would probably love to run in a bit of cold weather right now.) But I was being a wimp this morning. And one of my little boys kept us up last night with a horrible cough. Poor thing. So I didn't get a good night's sleep and for some reason, I just wanted to stay warm.
So I headed over to the gym and ran on the treadmill. 18 miles was on the schedule. And I ran 18 miles on the treadmill. I started at an easy pace and then would pick it up at random times during the run. As I was nearing 16 miles, I picked up the pace to an 8 minute mile because I wanted it to be over so very badly. I was thinking to myself, "Must run faster. I want this to be over. Can't watch another infomercial or music video." Much prefer the outside scenery over the inside. It took me 2 hours and 49 minutes. It was a long 2 hours and 49 minutes, believe me. I hope I don't ever have to run that long on a treadmill again. But if I'm ever faced with that option, at least I know I can do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't believe you did 18 miles on the treadmill! Congratulations. We did 12 outside then 6 on the treadmill. It took me about 3 and a half hours! The heat is doing us in, even starting at 4:30 but I'm glad we're done. Next week we cut back to 13 and are heading for the hills again.
ReplyDeleteAh,I am so the opposite. I run much better in rain and/or snow. I guess I feel more tough out there battling the elements. Maybe I feel less self-conscious about my slow speed as well. :) I loved running 10 miles in the rain today. Just wish I had worn a hat.
ReplyDeleteHow funny that on the same saturday you ran inside to hide from the cold, and we ran inside to hide from the heat. It's like we are on opposite sides of the world, but we're not.
ReplyDeleteYou are training speedy! If you are running that fast- long on the treadmill, its probably going to be a breeze to run in ST George!!!
My friend Caitlin and I were talking about your 18 treadmill miles and decided that we could never stick to it that long! Great job! I get bored out of my mind! I might have skipped my run that day. It also would have been incredibly annoying to be trying to use the treadmill at my gym that long - they limit the usage to 30 minutes at a time so I'd have to find a good stopping point for mileage (for EASY math sake), then start again. I'm sure I'd never get an accurate time either.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, great job sticking to it!
And Hannah - kudos to you too for running in the rain! Crazy girl!