Our training program has a reduction in mileage about every 3rd week. Today we set out to do 10-11 miles. We wanted to travel to Las Sendas- a 30 minute drive, and still get finished before the sun was up long enough to make it hot out. So I set my alarm for 4 am. I must REALLY love this sport! (o:
Pretty early in the run I had a jumping cactus attack me! Ouch! I had a little ball of prickles stuck in the back of my lower leg. I told Sarah, Cynthia, and Lisa to keep going. I was about to grab that prickly and pull it out. Luckily Sarah yelled "no" and she got some sticks and pulled it out of me using 2 sticks to get it. Thankyou Sarah. Im glad I didnt touch it.
Hannah- add cactus to your list of things we endure to be tough and participate in this sport!
The run was pleasant for awhile after that until my bowels started to complain big-time. So then I had to walk-run for over a mile until the loop came back to a porto-pottie we'd passed earlier. Thank goodness it was there, or I wouldve had to go home!
The rest of the run was good. Then home to my traditional post-run scrambled eggs and toast. I feel great and Im about to hit the shower, as soon as this baby on my lap allows me to disappear for 15 minutes.
I cant wait for next saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ouch! I'm lucky on the cactus...it usually just lands in the cushy part of my knee brace and I never feel it. ;) Good job finding a porto - surprised it wasn't locked! Glad you guys are sticking to your schedule. Great job!
ReplyDelete