Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesdays are Jinx

The last several Tuesdays have been rough on me. I usually look forward to our Tuesday runs. There is generally a big group of people and good conversation. For me the last several weeks I have ended up finishing the runs alone and usually in pain!

Three weeks ago it was the heat I think. I had run on Saturday and again on Monday in the nice cool weather and then on Tuesday the heat (and some humidity) was back, darn it. I had to stop and walk and send the group ahead. The next week was dog trouble. I had fallen a bit behind (the Tuesday jinx was already starting) and then when crossing a street a dog jumped up on me and knocked me to the ground. I landed on my hip, knee and elbow, and my hip is still bruised. Today it was arch pain. It would come and go. When it came it was really painful - like a cramp that wanted to squeeze my little toes towards my heel. I stopped and walked when it got bad and the walking motion seemed to stretch it out a bit. I picked it back up and tried to stay with them until it was light enough out to send the group ahead and walk/run home. I cut my run a little short and came home and iced my foot. I think I will try to run easy this week, and luckily Saturday is a cut back day where we are heading for the hills again.

Hopefully the Tuesday Jinx will wear off soon - three's a charm right?

5 comments:

  1. Dont give up on us! I love our tuesday runs! Rest up so you can be better for saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I only post negative stuff...overall I think this marathon training is going great, every little twinge is just making me really nervous now, and I'll never trust a dog again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck - hope your arch feels better soon. That dog incident would scare the crap out of me. I hate seeing lose dogs out when I'm running. Not sure whether I should run faster or slow down so they won't follow me. But if one of them got close enough to jump on me and knock me down - I just might need a new change of underwear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a friend who got a bite taken out of her bike shorts when a dog got to her while she was biking. Dogs frighten me.

    Hey, just remember that the marathon in on a Saturday, so Tuesday jinxes won't affect you in the least.

    ReplyDelete