This morning we did our 17 miles. Okay, I only did 16 miles. I think next week Ill bump it up- step up my game and merge with my groupie's program. They've been doing a harder program than I.
When my alarm goes off, I always run downstairs and set my watch outside to sync with the satellite, while I get ready. I am usually met by a blanket of hot air when I take that step outside. This morning was surprisingly cool! And even stayed pleasant throughout our run!
Cynthia had planned a good route for us- one that would keep us outside for 12 miles before we got to the gym where we could finish on the treadmills.
We had a new face in the mix today. Molly is a neighborhood friend who is training for Chicago marathon. And then it was Lisa, me, and Cynthia.
The only bad thing about it being nice outside, is that the last few miles on the treadmill were actually harder, instead of a relief. Id like to think that it is going to stay this way now, and that our saturdays need no longer include treadmills. But that is probably not the case. Today was probably a gift to remind us of cooler days in our future.
Cynthia did all the pre-work for this run. She stashed her car for our return ride home, and even went the extra mile. In the car was a cooler full of ice and very cold, individual sized "Rockin Refuel, protein fortified lowfat chocolate milk." I highly recommend it as a post-run recovery drink. It hit the spot!
Now we all know that its better not to drink our calories. Chocolate milk seems like a luxury only allowed to the lucky younger generation. After our long run I felt TOTALLY justified to indulge. I felt like I was living in luxury there, with my creamy cold chocolate milk.
Thank God for the small, but huge pleasures in life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It was unseasonably cool here this morning, too. Unfortunately, I think it's going to heat up again before it cools down for good.
ReplyDeleteYou didn't say what time you got up this morning - 4 a.m. again? Completely insane. Dare I say that marathon training makes us a little crazy?
Yes, 4 am. Ive tried to decide which I am- obsessed, fanatic, enthusiast. Maybe your word is the right label- insane, definitely crazy. Ill have to look that one up. (o:
ReplyDeleteMaybe the craziest part is that I love it!!!
Lindy also forgot to mention her cruel attempt at humiliating me by saying "oh, we were quite fast today" AFTER she had been out-running me for 12 miles! and YES - I did notice we were a little faster Lindy! thanks for being totally oblivious! Luv your Guts!
ReplyDelete