Just sharing my excitement with you ladies that I'm starting to train with a running club on Saturday morning! We meet at 7 different rotating locations around the valley on Saturday mornings (typically for long runs) and every Tuesday and Thursday at 7:00pm at the Scottsdale Community College track. I've known many people from the group for a couple of years now, but I always thought I lived too far away from SCC to make it worth while. This year I found out that a couple other coworkers that live just barely closer than I do are joining. Hearing that was all I needed to decide that I can do this too! I've been needing some more motivation and encouragement lately and what could be better than an entire group of fun runners?!
From what I hear we will be starting off this Saturday at the beginning - a timed mile. I've never really done this. I've always set out for more than a mile and I never thought to just try my best at a single mile. This gives a baseline to track your improvement. It will be at around 6:30am, so I hope I still do pretty well in the heat. I'm about to get used to it though - 7:00pm twice a week outside will do it! Lucky we don't have too much longer to deal with it.
Anyways, I'll keep all of you posted on how my training is going. I will start my training with those that are going for a full marathon. If I can keep up with the training without knee pain or injury I will continue and go for the PF Chang's full here in Phoenix. If not, I'll try to do a few half marathons along with relays. I'm just excited to get back to consistency here! If any of you are interested in joining, let me know and I'll get you the info. I paid $150 total for 6 months of training - not bad for all you get! Web site isn't completely up to date, but here it is if you are curious: http://www.iknowaguyracing.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish you lived close enough to join the Islands Running Club! But I look forward to hearing your adventures with "I know a guy racing"!
ReplyDeleteThat's sounds like a lot of fun! Let us know how those seven o'clock workouts at the track go. Yikes - that would be hot - even in UT! Here's hoping you stay injury free and can go for that full marathon.
ReplyDelete