Saturday, August 22, 2009

I recommend hovering

We went to Las Sendas today, knowing we had a "cut back" week- shorter distance so that we could handle some hills.

It was an enjoyable run. Kind of humid, but I didnt think it was too hot. I felt way better off than my sweat level would have indicated to passers-by. Do people sweat more as they age?

It was Cynthia, Lisa, Karen and me. At one point, Karen and I took a small detour to get into the community pool and use the community bathrooms. There were a few swimmers out doing laps, and luckily for us, someone had left the gate ajar. I always line the public toilets with tp before sitting. I prefer tp over the crinkly paper covers sometimes offered. The tp was a BIG mistake today. The tp was completely stuck to my skin when I stood up. I had to roll it off in little balls. Im sure Karen was wondering why I was in there so long! Note to self: when sweaty, hover, dont sit.

At one point some bikers passed us and asked "Is this a running club?" We proudly replied "Why yes, the Islands Running Club". I feel like our little club is getting so official! Dan the running store guy knows of us, and now some people in Northeast Mesa know of us too. It just somehow feels funner to consider ourselves a club :)

I think we were annoying Karen because we kept saying how great it was to have such a "short, easy" run today- only 13 miles. Karen's longest run thus far has been 13 miles. But trust me, I would only consider 13 miles "short", while in the thick of marathon training! I still think Karen is the toughest of us- doing the majority of our runs with us, even though she is not training for anything.

Anyhow, 13 miles was clearly not enough, because I never even got around to asking Lisa how her anniversary date went last night???

And now I better get to the dishes and the mess that I left last night in order to go to bed at 9:00. Which I also highly recommend, when setting the alarm for 4.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! I could see that adhesion problem coming! So funny! If it's not you that is! Sweaty, wet bum and toilet paper not a good mix! I'll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally have had the same thing happen to me and you described it exactly as it was! LOL

    ReplyDelete