Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Speedy Shoes

I'm sure you are all glad to know that my new shoes came yesterday. I've been complaining about my old ones for a few weeks now, and blaming all my running problems on them. So this morning I was like a little kid with my new "fast shoes."

I always put off getting new shoes until too late, so I'm hoping that by writing this I'll remember next time what an incredible difference it made. I noticed a significant improvement with each step. Maybe it's only such an improvement for a "heavy runner" with high arches like me - but the gear really makes a difference. My knees are still a little sore today, but I figure they'll need a few weeks to recover from running with no support. But I really did feel faster, and by the end of the run I didn't feel like I was running in moccasins like I've felt the last few weeks (how do those barefoot runners do it?) If you're wondering, they're Saucony Progrid Triumphs (my second pair of this same shoe) and I LOVE them.

4 comments:

  1. Lol! When Hannah has PE, or just on certain other days, she asks me to find her "speedy fast shoes". Im glad that magic still carries over into adulthood! I feel the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there's something about a new pair of running shoes. You feel faster, springier (is that even a word?), stronger. Glad you found a brand that you love! Me, I'm a New Balance girl through and through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im Aasics.

    Are there any other Aasic girls out there? Is it just my imagination, or are they getting taller on the sides? They are inching up on my ankles with every new pair. Has anyone else noticed this trend in Aasics or other brand workout shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a shoe shop in Salt Lake where they film you running, analyze your style, and then tailor your shoes to fit. I have wanted to try it out but am not ready to fork over what they surely much ask for the service. And, if I wasn't running four minute miles with the magic shoes I'm sure I'd be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete