Because my husband had to be at the church at 8 a.m. this morning, my long run started (way too) early. My alarm was set for 5 a.m. and I managed to crawl out of bed at 5:11. On the trail at 5:30. Amazingly, there was a biker that passed me just as I started running. Crazy man, I thought to myself. Doesn't he have anything better to do at 5:30 a.m. than ride his bike in the freezing cold? He probably was thinking the same thing about me.
I had my ipod on but the thoughts in my head held my attention more. When I was the YW president in our ward, there was a sweet girl in the Laurels that was friendly and outgoing. I could always count on her for a smart, thoughtful answer. She is getting married today. I thought about her and all the wonderful experiences she has before her. Then because I read Scott's blog last night about him, Kristin Armstrong and her friend Paige running the Boston Marathon together, I thought about them, their friendship and wondered if I could ever challenge myself enough to Boston qualify. Hmmmm, not sure. But this I know for sure: One hour and 45 minutes of running, thinking and wondering is a great way to start the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gosh Id love to have a good friend with me in Boston!!!
ReplyDeleteIf anyone can do it, Marcie, you can. Your story reminds me of my morning run the day I received my mission call. I was out on an early morning run and so in tune with everything around me. The mail hadn't yet arrived, so I didn't know the call was coming, but I still knew. I will never forget that run.
ReplyDeleteHey, be careful out there running by yourself so early!