So, now that I'm officially crazy to want to try a marathon, I decided that I need serious help. I found this website last night that I found very informative, especially for a first-time marathon runner. I don't know if the information is too basic for you tried and true, race-to-Boston marathoners, but I thought I'd add the link just in case. Reading over it made me feel like I may be able to do this and not die.
http://www.marathontraining.com/marathon/marathon.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so excited you've decided to go for a marathon!! Yay! This website looks like it has some good info.
ReplyDeleteI would also recommend "Runner's World Complete Book of Women's Running." It has marathon training schedules for beg, int, adv and LOTS of other running info for women.
We'll have to get together for a long run sometime. You can help me look for dead bodies in the river :)
Marc, have there really been dead bodies in your River??? Youre making me worry about you!
ReplyDeleteHannah, Lots of good information on that training website.
He says that you should have a base of 25 miles before you start training- that seems a little steep to me. Ive never had a 25 mile per week "base". Im hoping to move to a 25+ base in anticipation of a Boston Training Program- the Boston programs seem more intense than what Ive done in the past. But I think 15-20 miles is a good base from which to start a beginner marathon program.