Before I talk about my long run yesterday, I have to say Congratulations to Cynthia!!! Ill let her give you her own details, but it was definitely a PR!
This year our church doesnt start until 10:30, so its the one morning of the week that I dont bother setting my alarm clock. (I LOVE taking this option once a week!!!). So this morning I opened my eyes at 8:00, and immediately thought "Cynthia is one hour into her race!" I couldnt function very well until my phone finally buzzed with her results. (o;
Now, if you dont like to hear about other's bowel troubles, you may not want to proceed. Youve been warned!
During my long run Saturday, I really enjoyed the first bunch of miles. I kept thinking about wonderful things to base this blog on. I was alone for this run, so I was really getting philosophical. You know, really noticing the details of my run.
But mile 11 trouble hit me BIG TIME. The poo that I couldnt produce before my run, was ready to enter this world. And warned me that I hadnt much time to figure out how to make this happen in a tactful and clean way. Luckily I was by a major road. I had been running east along the canal, and had gotten to Gilbert road. I hoped to turn around and run back west, along the canal, all the way home. Another 3 miles. I sat on a short cement wall for a few minutes, until the feeling subsided, and then thought Id try to carry out my plans. 3 steps- Nope. Not gonna work. Luckily I had my cell phone in tow, and my husband is my Knight in Shining Armor. I called him, he took me to Walgreens, waited until things were okay, and then took me back to Gilbert Road and left me.
I finished my run. My longest training run for SLC Half. Hopefully this run was not a foreshadowing of the way the race might go. Because neither Noah, nor Walgreens, will be anywhere around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOuch. Good for you for finishing the run. It reminds me of my half-marathon experience. If your interested, here's my account:
ReplyDeletehttp://goodformyheart.blogspot.com/2008/08/survival.html
Sorry Lind. There will be port-a-potties at the race but I'm sure your preference would be Noah and Walgreens. :)
ReplyDeleteHannah, enjoyed your account of your half-marathon. Was that the Provo River? I did Provo River half in, I think, 1999. I too had a difficult time with the last few miles- knowing I finished the canyon, and the end seemed so near- but deceptively was not! Those were pre-Garmin days, so I just had to keep watching for mile marker posts. The last 3 miles were killer!
ReplyDeleteI really thought for a moment this would be like Hannah's squatter break and I was just hoping you had kleenex with you! ;) Glad Noah could be there for ya! Good luck for next time (hope there won't be one!) - I hate that feeling!
ReplyDelete