Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Run

I don't usually run on Sundays, but I have run on Sunday several times in the last few years. Including races, which are hard to find on other days. During training sometimes things come up and I miss a run during the week. That was what happened this week. I am totally fixated on my schedule and if I miss something I always have a horrible, nagging feeling that something isn't right. So this morning I got up early and headed for the canals to get in the six miles that were on my schedule. I thought a lot about running on Sunday today. I know a lot of people don't do it and never would and I totally support that. I actually really enjoyed it.

Today was a different type of run in several ways, mostly it was quiet. I brought my ipod but never felt like turning it on. It was slow and steady and it felt great to be outside. My kids were home in bed, my husband at meetings and I was enjoying some quiet time in the beautiful Arizona winter. I came home refreshed and energized for church and had even come up with some ideas for how to run sharing time today. So while I don't think I would ever make running on Sunday the norm, today it felt right.

2 comments:

  1. The time I ran on a sunday morning before church, I didnt suffer from my usual "sunday headache". I think I had allot more patience with my children through sacrament meeting.

    If you are running alone on the canal, its time for you to get pepper spray Cyndi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to be alone with just you and your thoughts? Sounds like you had a very peaceful run. I love that we're all so committed to getting in our runs when we can.

    ReplyDelete