Monday, February 16, 2009

24 hours in the Old Pueblo


I missed my Saturday Long Run. I knew that I would, so in anticipation I ran 9 miles on friday.


But this post isnt actually about me! I have to brag about my husband! We went to Tucson for the weekend, and Noah was in a 24 hour mountain bike relay race. The course is a circuit, and a single rider, or a relay team, see how many laps they can do in 24 hours. It goes from noon saturday, to noon sunday. Noah did the 5:00-7:00 shift Saturday night (2:14) and the 10-12 shift the next morning (2:23). It was a 16 mile circuit.


He did the final leg of the race- finished it for the team. The girls got to see him close to the end. He said that he really teared up when he saw them. Now he knows what he's been doing for me these past several years- always insisting on bringing the girls to see me during my race. I try to let him off the hook, but he says 'no way, of course we'll be there'. So Im glad he got to see what that feels like.


We see them all the time- those little people that live with us. For some reason it feels very emotional to see their faces in a crowd, cheering us through a hard effort!


Im proud of Noah. He doesnt thrive on the competition the way I do. He loves his sport, and doesnt feel the need to compete. But Im proud of him for finishing this race. Way to go Sweetie!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Noah! Wow - four hours of biking! Finishing your race and sharing that feeling of accomplishment with those you love makes all of the grueling pre-race training worth it.

    ReplyDelete