Two of my favorite running partners have not yet been recognized in this blog. We hit the road together, usually twice a week. They seem to enjoy the run as much as I do, but their job is a little different than mine. They have 3 jobs, actually. 1. Tell me to go faster. 2. Spot doggies in the trail ahead. 3. Pass back and forth a few carefully selected treasures that will likely be missing by the time we arrive home.
Purchasing a double running stroller was one of the best things Ive ever invested money in. Just a few years ago it allowed Megan and Hannah to be my running partners. Then it was Hannah and Kelly. And now Kelly and Melissa.
Of course it is a very seasonal event. Every fall I dust off the stroller and pump up the tires and then the let the new season begin. I love that theyve trained with me for most of my races.
Will these friends still be running partners in 10-15 years from now? I really hope so. Some of my best runs are with those girls just right in front of me. Close enough for me to hear their conversation. I hope that's how it will be the rest of our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so sweet. My eyes filled with water. I hope at least one(maybe all)of my boys will love running and that we might pound the pavement together in the future. I have very sweet memories of my dad and I running together.
ReplyDeleteI started running in the summers with my Mom, brothers or Dad.
ReplyDeleteOne of my greatest memories is coming home from BYU (& altitude) and being able to out run my Dad.
You must feel so light on race day if you train with a stroller full of girls :) Mine are getting heavy or my stroller is getting worn out. (possibly both!)
But you are also making great memories!
Marc- Glad you and your Dad ran together. Ive been thinking about him lately- maybe because Noah and I are going to be trek parents in May. Your Dad was my trek brother.
ReplyDeleteMarla- Great to see you on here! Where did you run in Provo? Did you do the temple hill? Some of my favorite running places are in Provo. I still run Provo Canyon once or twice a year, when I get the opportunity.