The air quality in Utah right now is icky (gotta love the inversion) and it's still a bit chilly to run outside in the early morning so I've been running at the gym on the treadmill. I've been too sick to run for the last week but today I managed to knock out five miles on the treadmill. Much rather run outside - but I'll have to wait for at least another month or so. Anyone want to share the longest run you've done on a treadmill? Can you imagine running a marathon or even a half marathon on a treadmill? That would be torture for some - but it's been done before.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Treadmill Running - love it or hate it?
The air quality in Utah right now is icky (gotta love the inversion) and it's still a bit chilly to run outside in the early morning so I've been running at the gym on the treadmill. I've been too sick to run for the last week but today I managed to knock out five miles on the treadmill. Much rather run outside - but I'll have to wait for at least another month or so. Anyone want to share the longest run you've done on a treadmill? Can you imagine running a marathon or even a half marathon on a treadmill? That would be torture for some - but it's been done before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The longest treadmill workout Ive had is 8 miles I think. Ive only done that long a couple of times. And I break it up into 2 parts- I plan to go 4 miles, take a bathroom break, and then do another 4 miles. This is more to break up the monotony, than because I think ill absolutely need a bathroom break. I dont really like doing more than 6 on the treadmill. And while doing a long run on a treadmill, Im definitely hoping for a good movie to watch. I would NEVER run a marathon on a treadmill. Treadmills are for sure a blessing during the off-season, which is summer here.
ReplyDeleteIm slower on a treadmill than outside. Is this the case for everyone else?