Saturday, January 31, 2009

Running = Hot Chocolate

You both (Cynthia and Lindy) can reach for the ice-cream while I reach for the hot chocolate. This morning I decided to brave the cold weather and run outside. I donned my beanie, two shirts, running jacket, scarf and headed out the door. I forgot my gloves which my hands deeply regretted. I was glad I wasn't the only crazy one willingly stepping outside, there were a few other runners on the trail. Love the dedication of runners. When I got home I was bone chilling cold and made myself some hot chocolate to warm up from the inside out. But despite the cold, I loved running outside. I'll probably keep doing my weekday runs at the gym on the treadmill and my Saturday long run outside until it starts to defrost a bit. Just wanted you to know I was cold.

3 comments:

  1. Did you have to run over ice and snow? You are brave to run in utah january! Good for you!

    I always wonder why, when I run here in the cold, I feel okay during the run, but soon as i get home in a warm house, i get all cold! And have a hard time then warming up. Does that happen to you?

    I wonder if I care enough to have a scientist explain that one to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to decide if I would be committed enough to run in the cold. I might do it if there was someone to suffer with, and the hot cocoa at the end would be nice. It's rarely cold enough here to warrant hot chocolate, hence the ice cream...
    The word in your post that made me wish I was running in Utah was "trail". What's running on a trail like? The closest I come to a trail is a paved path down the canal, or running around a dirt field next to the high school with Lindy, other than that, it's the bike lane around our neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually do my long runs on the Jordan River Parkway Trail. Lindy, have you run on this trail? It's a trail that runs from Utah county to Davis county (I think?). Anyway, it's a long, fully paved trail for bikers, runners and roller bladers. I love it since I don't have to deal with traffic lights and exhaust fumes. The trail sometimes makes the news because people have found dead bodies in the river that runs the length of the trail . . . so I am always on the lookout for bodies. :) Hmmm, I should probably carry some pepper spray.

    ReplyDelete