Saturday, January 31, 2009

Must there be a goal?

Im just curious if we are all the same, or if this is just me: I have NEVER just stepped out the door to run, thinking Ill just go as far as I feel like going. There has ALWAYS been a time or distance goal. A goal that must be completed.

This morning my goal was Cynthia's goal. Cynthia's goal was 8 miles. When we got back to my home, and my Garmin said 7, I temporarily lost my mind and thought this was just right. Ten minutes after Id been home and started helping the children with things, it popped into my head- WE MEANT TO RUN 8!!!

I have just felt uneasy the rest of the day. I cant stop thinking about it. Should I walk out the door right now, and run one more mile? So I can sleep tonight? What is wrong with me? It wasnt even on a training plan I am following. Its just what Cynthia said we had to do today.

Okay, now you all know that Im wacked out. So tell me truthfully, must there be a goal?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely goal minded. Like you, I usually have a time or mileage in mind. BUT you didn't achieve your goal because you couldn't - it was just an oversight. So relax. Go to sleep and get that extra mile in your dreams. Do you ever dream that you're running? Those miles count, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there must be a goal! I had that same uneasy feeling when I realized we needed another mile on Saturday. I walked in the door at home and told Scott I had only done 7 and he said, "Well, get going then." So apparently he even understands that the goal must be accomplished!

    ReplyDelete