Friday, January 23, 2009

Marcie, this is Awesome! I love the picture, the quotes, all of it! Im so excited! My heart is beating fast! Im such a running geak.

So my introduction is this- Ive loved running my whole life. I remember first running laps around my parents pool table when I was very young. Then I graduated to laps around our horse pasture, then to longer runs down the street with Marcie to the gas station. Sometimes to get icecream, and then run home. I should clock that run now- Marcie were we even getting a half mile? Who knows, but back then it felt like a long run! I guess i wasnt very serious about speed until I had a Garmin strapped on my wrist about 2 years ago.

I just ran the PF Chang's Rock n Roll Marathon in Phoenix Arizona. On Sunday. Ive done a couple of short runs this week, since sunday, and planning to do a 5k race tomorrow. Trying to tell myself to just take it easy tomorrow, but its so fun to try to get a pr. So I guess Ill just go and see how I feel. I can tell my muscles are still not fully recovered from Sunday, so we'll just see what happens. I can always rest next week, right?

I dont have any pictures to post yet, but Ill work on getting some uploaded soon.

2 comments:

  1. Lind - did we even have real running shoes or did we just run in our keds? My, how far we've come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I used old payless variety high-tops back then. And when our coach (what was her name?) told me that my shin splints were from needing better shoes, I dropped out. I didnt dare ask my mom for expensive running shoes. I shouldve tried.

    ReplyDelete