Friday, April 8, 2011

San Francisco Marathon/Half Marathon Group ID

Several of us are putting our names in the lottery to run the Nike Women’s Marathon or Half Marathon on October 16th of this year in San Francisco.  We can link our names together so that if we get picked all of us would be able to run it.  If we don’t get picked, none of us would get in.  So far I think the committed runners are: Cynthia, Lindy, Barb, Lisa and Karen.  We are all bringing our husbands and making it a fun “couples” trip, no kids!  I would love to have as many of you come as would like! I’ve heard it’s a fun race with a Tiffany Necklace as the prize. J  I think so far everyone is running the Half Marathon but you can choose which race you want to do.

Here is some info from their website on the registration process. If you decide to register with us you MUST PUT THE GROUP ID in correctly



Registration for the 2011 Nike Women's Marathon will once again be held through a random drawing process. Runners can begin registering for the random drawing beginning Monday, April 11th at 9am PDT. Registration for the random drawing will close on Friday, April 22nd at 11:59pm PDT. You may register at any time during the registration period; registering early does not improve your change of being selected.

This year, if you are interested in registering as a group, you can obtain a Group ID prior to registering in the random drawing.

OUR GROUP ID IS:  21KV84


All group members need to copy and paste the Group ID to reduce the chances of typos.


Starting April 11th, every member of the group needs to input the Group ID in the appropriate box on their own random drawing application. Your Group ID must be entered correctly to be considered. If your group is selected and you mistyped your Group ID during registration, you will not be included in that group.




4 comments:

  1. I signed up today! Lisa said she did too!

    What an awesome way for Lisa and I to celebrate our 40th birthdays, join us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up tonight! Karen did today too! We are going to support Cynthia and Lisa as they face their 40's!!! Now we need to start dreaming up what we want them to do for our 40th Birthdays!!! Im thinkin Ultra Baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for setting up our Group ID Cynthia! Good luck to us!

    ReplyDelete