Saturday, April 23, 2011

Running in the Snow










The weekend of April 9th I got the rare opportunity to run with Marcie in Utah- Yay! I flew to Utah for my Grandmother's funeral. It was cold and snowy all weekend. The snow was pretty, falling lightly and gracefully, but constantly. I kept looking out the window throughout the weekend, wanting it to stop because I was worried about our run. But everytime I looked out the window, Id see what you see in the pictures above. More and more snow...


Marcie and I debated running together on treadmills at Gold's Gym, but Im glad we decided to just "go for it". It did snow on us almost the whole time we ran, but it wasnt very cold. I didnt feel uncomfortably cold until the last 3 miles. So for 12 miles I felt really great! And even the last 3 werent too bad.


We ran a paved trail, and then some roads and then decided to do the bulk of our run on our old Highschool outdoor track. This way we could just run and talk and not worry about where to go. So we had a great time "catching up" and just changed direction every few miles. We had 3 miles to the track, 9 on the track, and then 3 home.


I love that I have a good running friend in Utah. It is always a treat- I count it right up there with the excitement of going to a race!




No comments:

Post a Comment