Friday, October 23, 2009

Still Time to Join the Ragnar Relay Team!

Hi ladies! Just a reminder that there are still open spots for our Ragnar Del Sol team. We need 3 more girls for the team. It's going to be amazing fun so let us know if you or someone you know would be interested!

From the blog we already have Lindy, Bronwyn, Cynthia, Karen, Karen's friend Bryn and myself on the team - we're hoping for a few more of you or your friends!

February 26-27, 2010 - 202.1 miles from Prescott to Mesa, 12 runners, 3 legs each, around 3 to 8 miles each leg over about 24-30 hours. AMAZING FUN!

Details here: http://www.ragnarrelay.com/delsol/index.php

Registration is $85 which we are hoping for by the end of October (or in payments starting as soon as possible). In February we will have additional fees for vans, gas, etc but we are trying to keep those to a minimum at around $40 depending on the amount of money we raise to offset the cost. We hope to have 12 runners for the team by the end of the month, so please email me at bridge.hokinson@gmail.com or comment on this blog if you or someone you know might be interested.

6 comments:

  1. Here are some ideas for a team name.
    The BRATS, Broads Racing Against Time, plural?
    Or FRIENDS, Females Running wIth Energetic & Notoriously Dazzling Stamina.
    Or the FADS, Fun After Distance!
    Or Sun Girls.
    Or Sun Da Vils.
    GALS, Girls At Lightning Speed.
    Daughter Long-Legs.
    Roadhoppers.
    GIRLS
    BEARS, Beautiful Especially At Running.
    GLITTER, Glamour Ladies In Training To Run

    I just looked at the legs of the race and I'm sure hoping I get one of the smaller ones. Is there going to be much competition for the shorter legs? Are other runners looking for the longer distances?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the legs of the race, I would rather have longer ones than uphill ones...

    What about Team BLING - Better Late Instead of Never Gals (or some other acronym - I'm picturing a rhinestone studded race tee of course!) Ha Ha.

    Lisa, we are waiting for your team name suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Brats, but maybe Bratts- Babes racing and terrific times...or some variation. We could paint bratts doll faces on the van!

    Or I like Bling- we could all get blinged out- that would be fun. Cynthia is the queen of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for my legs- Im hoping to get a total of 16-20 miles between the 3. Im not asking for hills, but Ill do them if you need me to! At a slower pace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like BLING! I'm sure we can all come up with variations for this and vote on it. I see big mocked up diamond drawings in window marker on the van windows!!! Who's got a bedazzler??

    As for legs - we can reserve you shorter ones if you would like Bronwyn. Lindy, I'm pretty sure you're our strongest runner so if we can get you the extra miles with limited hills I think you would rock it (you'd rock it even with hills though!!!). Me, I don't care what the miles are and I actually prefer uphill or flat over the downhill. My knees get wrecked on the down. I am also hoping it works out that I have different legs than I've had in Del Sols past! :)

    ReplyDelete