This run went a lot better than my 20-miler. I felt good at the end and felt like I could have gotten another 4 miles from my legs. Let's hope we all feel that way come marathon day. I started running at 4:50 a.m. and needed to wear a light jacket until mile 13 because it was a little cool. Hope your morning weather is getting a big cooler in AZ, too.
Now it's taper time. The long runs and even the weekday runs are cutting back on miles. My legs are going to love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations. I wish I had got a 22 miler in but it wasn't meant to be. I really don't understand why these marathon training plans only go up to 20 or 22 miles. I hope I can coax 6 more miles out of my legs come race day though.
ReplyDeleteWeather in AZ has not cooled down - low was 79 (for the first two hours of our run which we started at 4:30am.) I heard it's only going to get down to 81 for Lindy and Karen tomorrow. I hope it goes well for them.
Marc, Im proud of you. Im glad you had such a good experience with 22 miles. It should give you allot of confidance on race day!
ReplyDeleteIm so excited, its getting so close! But Im also sad for it to be over!
Well done, Marcie! You will qualify for Boston, you know. Where did you run?
ReplyDeleteSo happy you had a good experience this time! I'm so very jealous of your cool weather! I'm down here wondering if it's cooled down a couple degrees enough to go with short sleeves rather than a tank!
ReplyDelete