Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sunny Arizona

Here is the quote for the week "I am NEVER running outside ever again!!!" As spoken by Lisa Bell, at the end of our run tuesday morning.

Lisa was being her usual dramatic self. Of course she will be back outside in about 6 weeks. But I thought it was a great quote to describe how we are ALL feeling right now in Arizona!

Im actually impressed with myself because last year I moved to all indoor treadmill on June 12th. It is July 1st and I am proud to report that I ran outside this week. But I dont know if I couldve done it even one more time!

I will only be running outside when I am out of town now. Thank goodness for vacations! And for treadmills!

It was a great season- Thankyou Islands Running Club for all the wonderful miles spent together!

I will end my (outdoor) season with a quote by Kristen Armstrong:

"....My friends and I care so much about running together. The time spent training, early morning hours running side by side, is time devoted to the knowledge of one another. It takes a bit of time to get caught up (and this is the typical amount of time we allocate to "connecting" with our friends over lunch or coffee, then part ways and wonder why we feel vaguely dissatisfied), and after we get caught up on what we have been up to, we can connect more deeply on the level of who we are. Relationship resides here."

2 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to say - I tried it again as early as Saturday - it is exactly 8.3 miles from my front door to the new gym - running by Canal! Starting at 6am was my downfall - too hot! No one to wake up for! I never stopped my Garmin - even walking - because i was counting EVERY DARNED STEP!!!!! Boy was I fun! Now I am really serious! No more out door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying it tomorrow. Am I crazy? I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete