Another training run completed. I love the feeling afterward. Sure my legs are a little sore, but its a good sore. My legs feel "worked over" in a wonderful way. Like theyve worked hard and done a good job. I like this feeling. (As opposed to the sore I feel in my core sometimes after a muscle class- this sore just makes me feel like I have a tummy ache. Not so good.)
Ive now gotten to the exciting part of my training- where Im running distances longer than I would for a half- marathon. I love getting to this point!
I like to think about those of you training for St George in Utah- keep me updated on how your training is going! Stay connected!
Hannah it sounds like you are having some success with bare foot running. And Marcie, how are you doing? Are your feet doing better? You sure seemed to run strong the day I was with you- 3 saturdays ago...
Next week is a "pull back" week, and only 10-11 miles for me.
Happy Training Everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lindy,
ReplyDeleteI'm not running barefoot. I would definitely never imagine that I could run a whole mile barefoot, let alone 26.2! I've just changed my running style. Since I was so sore anyway, I figured it couldn't hurt ... and it hasn't. It has helped. I'm still building up my miles again. I was out almost three weeks with my sore leg, so it feels like I'm starting all over again, which scares me a bit. I don't dare build up quickly because I don't want injuries. So, I'll just do my best.
Hannah- Starting over...that is kind of scary, but exciting too!
ReplyDeleteI always quit running for about 4 months everytime I have a baby. 3 before, 1 after. And it is always so exciting to come back! Start over, and build up.
I was excited (thinking im probably done having kids) that I may not have to stop running again, but Im saddened by the thought of not ever "starting again". Although, of course I dont want any injuries to force me into the situation.
Maybe I should change my form. (o:
Goodluck, keep us posted on how it goes as you continue to rebuild mileage!