Saturday, July 18, 2009

8.75 + 5.25

Lindy inspired us to try a long outside run again today. As Lindy said we ran the first part outside, beginning at 4:40am! I'm starting to feel a little crazy.

I was talking to my daughters ice skating coach this morning who knows I usually run on Saturday mornings and she asked when I started today. I told her and she thought I was absolutely nuts and must be totally obsessed with running. It made me think...is she right? Am I obsessed? Right now I think so. This marathon training has kind of taken over my life. I worry every day about getting in my four runs for the week. I think about getting enough sleep so I can run well. I've been stretching every day to avoid injury. I think a lot about what I'm going to eat before and after my runs (that deserves its own blog later...) I've planned my vacation days around the runs I need to do, and I've spent my entire summer clothing budget on running clothes and shoes. That sounds obsessed!

I have to admit that I actually enjoyed today's run. If you are wondering, the low temperature this morning was 88, the sun came up a little more than an hour after we started and then it began heating up. I was glad when we walked in to the air conditioning at the gym. I don't think there will be many hotter days this summer, so at least I know running outside is possible, at least for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting!

    I think you brought up an interesting question- "am I obsessed?" Ive actually done a little research on the topic in the past- to determine if Im "obsessed", a "fanatic", or an "enthusiast"...just admitting that I researched this makes me feel obsessed! I dont think Ive determined the appropriate label for myself yet.

    But I do like to run, talk about running, think about running, dream about running, write about running. Is that okay? (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to give you guys extra credit! A long run for Suzanne and I in this heat right now at 5:00am (which is now too late!) is 6 miles. You guys did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridge I have to agree that 6 miles is TOTALLY a long run right now!!! Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete