This past week I had the opportunity to run with new scenery. And hills, beautiful hills. Girls camp was located at Triple T Ranch, 8 miles east of Heber. It was fun to have dirty, rocky, mountain roads to challenge our ankles. It was fun that another member of the "Islands Running Club" is in our Church Young Women's Program with me- so I even had Cynthia there to run with.
We got home before the long Saturday Run. We started at 5:30 am, and it wasnt too bad. Im happy that we are still mostly comfortable doing out door runs. Last year I moved my running to all in-doors after June 12th. But yesterday was June 20th, and we are still going strong. Only the last half hour of the run started to feel too warm. We are starting to drink more gatorade...needing more eloctrolytes.
This coming week it'll probably be all treadmill.......Im going to keep doing at least Saturdays outside, for as long as I can stand it.
Is Utah perfect running weather now? Im excited that I will get to do some Utah running in July. Im hoping to meet up for a run with Marcie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was so confused for a moment about where you were running. I went to high school in Heber City, Utah. Anyway, we have had PERFECT running weather here. We have had a wonderfully cool start to summer with wind and rains on and off. It has been so great for running. I still wear a sweatshirt some mornings! I believe that will start to change this week. It's supposed to hit the 90's by Friday. Rough life, eh?
ReplyDeleteI second Hannah - perfect morning running weather lately. Uncommon for this time of year but like she said, it's going to heat up.
ReplyDeleteI definitely want to meet up in July and go for a run. I'll email you.