Monday, June 22, 2009

Where in the world have you ran?

This morning on my run I was thinking how fun it's been seeing where everyone is running as you vacation or travel. I thought it would be fun to make a list on the side of the blog of states/cities/countries where we've ran. So start racking your brain of all the places you've traveled and pounded the pavement. Maybe within our small running group, we can cover all 50 states and perhaps some exotic places, too. One of my husband's friends and his wife just went on a cruise to Italy. Wouldn't that be amazing to go on a run in Italy? Sadly, he did not invite us to tag along but if I ever go to Italy, I'm definitely packing my running shoes. My husband and I honeymooned in Hawaii. Unfortunately, I did not have running on my mind and failed to pack my running shoes, dang it! I think we've got UT and AZ covered unless you've ran in some little known city you want to list.

5 comments:

  1. Fun idea, Marcie! Do you mind if I add a spot for a dream running destination?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably didnt miss anything good- not running on your honeymoon. I made Noah pack running shoes and we went on a little run in Yellowstone. It was horrible. I couldnt hardly breathe or run at all. I had the worst side ache. Maybe honeymoons are just meant for other physical pursuits!!!

    But next time you go to Hawaii, DEFINITELY take running shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! This will make me be sure to get in a run anytime I'm traveling! Missed out on a couple of potential posts here. One of those being Bonaire, which would have been a good one. But I'll take the trade for being underwater the majority of the time diving or hiking around exploring the island. This is also where we got engaged, so it might qualify for a honeymoon type trip. ;) I also missed out on Austin, TX recently for a run but we definitely got in some good hiking. Puerto Rico…I was there less than 24 hours and walked to just about all of the San Juan sights, but I want to go back! Next one may be Wilmington, North Carolina for work – a new state for us! After that I know I’ve got a wedding in Illinois and we are staying in Missouri…possibility of 2 states! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, what Ive learned from this "Where in the World have you Ran?", is that we should all be moving to California!!! Look how many of us have travelled to different parts of California! And wanted to run there! It really must be the best year-round running state. I guessed as much when I was in San Diego and at any time of the day there was always SOMEONE running by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working on this mapping app at the bottom of our page that is kind of fun. I have to figure out how to allow everyone full functionality in it to open up all of the options to everyone. If everyone picks a different icon and puts their name in parentheses after the location it makes it quite useful visually! Still a work in progress, but I'll announce when it is ready! Noah is helping me test it out.

    ReplyDelete