Just wanted to mention that Bridge is running her first marathon this weekend- Go Bridge!!! So we all need to think about her and pray for her sunday morning, and while you are at it, say a little prayer for me too!
I will be running the PF Chang's half marathon. Im really hoping for a PR this time around- my fastest 1/2 was my split at PF Chang's whole marathon last year. 1:47. And I really want to get 1:45 this time. Its a stretch for me, so lets hope the stars are aligned!
I wanted to state my goal, for the record, because I was so impressed with Kara Goucher for boldly stating that she wanted to "Win Boston!" last april. She didnt, but I was very impressed with her for having a lofty goal, working hard, and almost accomplishing it.
Ill let you know what happens!
And Bridge, Im going to be on pins and needles until I hear from you Sunday! Im SOOO excited for you! If I were to give you any advice or anything- just know that there is a little up hill toward the end. It isnt steep, but it is close to the end when you are tired. So just plan for it:)
Until next week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so excited for the both of you! I'll definitely be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way as you tackle 26.2 and the half.
ReplyDeleteBridge, how do you feel - ready, nervous, excited!? Probably all of the above.
Lind, you go! 1:45 - cakewalk. I don't doubt your ability at all.
Can't wait to hear all the details. Wish I was running with you both! {We have cold, yucky, polluted weather so I am stuck running on a treadmill.}
Good luck to both of you!
ReplyDeleteBridge I'm excited for you. I hope your first marathon is as fun as mine. I learned a ton and am excited to do it again someday. We posted a little note for you at the Expo on the white board next to the Lara Bar booth. Hopefully they won't erase it. Good Luck!
Lindy - you are fast. Don't forget it!
Hi everyone! Thanks for the luck and I wish good luck to Lindy too! I know that you can make that 1:45! Bet you'll do even better than that! :) I have so many things I'm thinking about...making little lists and all.
ReplyDeleteI'm anxious and a little nervous. I have still been having weakness in my ankle since October that I'm now in therapy for, but it is still weak which causes pain on the outer bottom of my foot in addition to the ankle. I think once I'm in my rhythm that will be fine and I can drag it along if it starts to hurt. I'm more concerned about a little pinched nerve in my lower back that I've noticed for the last 3 days. I'll be hitting the hot tub tonight, the foam roller and asking Tim for a massage so I can hopefully count that issue out!
Other than that stuff I DO feel totally ready and I'm counting the little issues above being non-issues on race day! Bring it on! Almost wish it were tomorrow. LOL
I don't have any real time goals for this since it is my first. I put myself down as a 5:20 finish for my corral, but I'll be happy with any time whether it is better or worse. Just want to finish it! I missed out on our 22 miler and the most I've done is 19 and I still felt good when I was done. Even hiked Pinnacle Peak the next day! Hope that will work. We did do a marathon in 24 hours though - a half on a Saturday, then another half on the following day. That psyched the muscles for sure! I can't wait to see how 26.2 goes! Interested to find out about when or if I'll need to visit the bathroom too. LOL
Also, I received a nice surprise this morning and an awesome boost! Lindy sent a little package with Noah to work to give to me with gatorade, a gel and a powerbar. Soooo sweet and thoughtful! Thanks again, Lindy! Means a lot to know you're thinking of me for my first full. :) And that the rest of you will be thinking of both Lindy and I on our Sunday journeys!
I'll be going to the expo tomorrow after our team run and breakfast, so I'll look on the board! :) Thanks girls! Your stories from the blog about St. George have helped prepare me as well. I'm so glad to have all of your advice, thoughts, and stories! I'm sure I'll blog sometime after the race to fill all of you in on the details! Wow, this comment could have been its own blog. hehe ;)