Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ragnar Relay 2012



Leg One
7 miles at noon. 7:35 pace. So so so hot. Nothing pretty to look at for distraction. Really kind of an ugly leg. Am I being negative? Anyone out there have Leg 3 and find it beautiful???

Leg Two
6.5 miles at 11:00 pm. 8:39 pace. Enjoyed the cool night air. Wore short sleeve shirt and tights. And gloves. Tried to wear our light-up hair dreads to run, but it started to feel too tight on my head a few miles in. Took it off. Enjoyed the mile or so of trail. It was so dark I had to keep looking for red blinking lights that marked the trail. I did this same trail last year. It seemed easier this year after my experience running trails with Aravaipa. I have developed my trail legs a little. Listened for the cowbells. There were my beautiful sweat sisters! They took the dreads back from me. Felt completely alone for most of the night run. Didn’t even see another runner til the last mile and a half. Then I finally saw and passed 3 or 4 people. Didn’t take any wrong turns this year. Didn’t add extra mileage to my run. Always enjoy the night run.

Leg Three
9 miles at 9am. 7:58 pace. Warm but okay. Scenic route. Pleasant. Unsupported run. There were 2 aide stations. I passed up the first one and filled my bottle at the second one. Ate 2 gels. Passed allot of people. One guy really tried to not let me pass him. But I won the battle. Enjoyed this leg.

Van One:
Sarah, Karen, Me, Wendi, Kecia, Cynthia

Van Two:
Lisa, Kellie, Jeanne, Barb, Julie, Jody

Our Ragnar Virgins (no longer!):
Wendi, Kellie, Jeanne, Julie, Jody

Favorite Van Food:
Kecia’s Monster Cookies, Hot sauce Pringles, Peanut Butter on Cynthia’s homemade bread, sweet tart jelly beans, bagels and cream cheese, string cheese.

Restaurant experience this year:
Olive Garden. Friday night. Lots of quality carbs!

Favorite on the run food:
My runs were supported by GU

Favorite cheering sound:
Cowbells, couldn’t get enough

Favorite “Light up the night” item:
Our pink coil dreads with blinky lights
(Sarah ran with hers, very cool!)

Favorite competitors out there:
I liked the Disco Van. There were 12 guys in one big van and they were fully decked out in disco outfits and jewelry.


I will post a few more pictures soon...Great year! Thanks General Bling (Cynthia) and all the Cool Running Gals on the Team!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment