January 21st 2012
Carpooled up with Mary and two of her friends. Kata and Shayna. A good hour drive to Goodyear. On the way we discussed our experiences from Chang’s last weekend. We talked about what makes us feel good or bad about our race. How our goals and expectations shape how we feel at the end. How our final time doesn’t always indicate if we are happy or sad.
It felt nice to be out on the trail again. I didn’t get a trail run in the previous weekend.
At the first Aide station we had to choose to go left for the 31k or straight ahead for the 19k. For our own various reasons, we all chose to take the 19k route.
There were some very serious climbs in the last few miles. The kind of climbs that you are pretty much forced to walk. I ran as much as I could, cause I like to keep my momentum going. But I did walk a little.
Im now looking forward to my 50k on February 4th. It will be my first “ultra distance”. And by far my longest trail run. Up to this point, I think 16.5 is my longest trail run. I expect San Tan Scramble to be 30+ miles. I better mentally prepare for 31! I’m excited to see how my body feels after 30 miles of trail! I hope I LOVE it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amazing! That's how your 31 miler will be! No matter your time or finishing position. You are an inspiration. Way to go Lindy! :)
ReplyDelete