Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Proof that I run



Sorry for the quality of the picture, how do you take a good picture of your own foot?  However, if it were more in focus maybe it would be too repulsive to post.
Note the following:
1. Blister on big toe (every time I run hills I tend to blister, suggestions? I already use body glide...)
2. Missing toenail on second toe. I actually think it looks better than the blackened thing that fell off recently.
3. Tip of second toe callous. Developed over months of blistering, healing, blistering, healing. Now it is just a nasty thick slab of scaly skin.
4. Black third toe. Will look like second toe soon.
5. Blister on TOP of fourth toe. That's a new one.
6. My pinkie toe seems fairly normal.  Maybe after my next 20 miler it will catch up with my other ugly toes.

40 days to the Long Beach Marathon, will my feet make it?

Happy running!


2 comments:

  1. I really like this post. It makes me remember a few years back when I had a day at the salon. During my spa pedicure, the cute technician tried to hide her disgust for my toes. She said that she had been thinking about taking up running, but would not do it if this was the consequence. She did have pretty toes. I never will, but Im proud of these feet that have travelled many miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sacrifices we make for running! I, like Lind, will never have pretty toes or feet. But it's because of the shoes I wear when I'm not running. {my running shoes are the most comfortable shoes I own.}

    I'm so excited for you all to run the Long Beach marathon and half - I have a feeling there will be some fast times posted by everyone!

    ReplyDelete