Monday, November 16, 2009

Running with Megan

On friday I wanted to step out the door for a 3 mile run. Noah was home from work, but heading out for a chiropractic adjustment. No problem- I could leave Megan to babysit for less than an hour. But Megan wanted to rollerblade alongside me. "No, I need my babysitter" I said. As she protested further, Noah thought he could solve this with another approach..."Megan, rollerblade around the block with Mom. If she beats you back, you can't go with her." Megan beat me back.

So Noah cancelled his adjustment, and Megan came with me.

Now, Megan is my child that I assumed would probably not take up running with me. She says that running hurts her tummy. She does not like pain. So I had to smile as we zipped along the streets together. Life was handing me an unexpected gift. Megan had found her own way to come enjoy 3 miles with me. I hadnt run with Megan for 4-5 years. Since she outgrew the double running stroller and got replaced by younger siblings.

I am happy to add Megan to my list of fabulous running partners. (:

5 comments:

  1. You should let Meg read this, I think it would make her fee good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, this is not a comparison of Meg to my dogs, but it made me think to mention it...sometimes I run with my dogs. Take one for one lap then drop off and grab the other at the house for another lap (2 trying to run with me doesn't work at all! A tangly mess!). The boy dog tires quick and also likes to run in front of me then trip me – not easy running with him! But my girl dog, respiratory issues and all, is a faster runner than me and loves it! It’s sometimes quite challenging going out with her so I don’t do it that often, but sometimes it’s a nice change to have a little partner - a speedy one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome for a few reasons - (1) that Megan beat you around the block :) (2)that she's found a way to share running with you
    and (3) that Noah changed his appt so she could go with you. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete